Marine Engineering Course Overview, Careers, Related, Schools
Course Description: This course focuses on the principles and practices of marine engineering. Students will learn about ship design, marine propulsion systems, ship maintenance, and the use of technology in marine engineering.. Depending on the institution, this course can be covered with different depths and focuses.
Marine Engineering competitiveness is high. This means it is difficult to get into because there are a lot of students who want to take it and much more difficulty when there are limited number of spaces available. Alternatively, some school may give student admission in related courses.. Nevertheless, The admission rate for Marine Engineering is typically around 30-40%, but it can differ between different institutions.
Some institutions have a higher acceptance rate, whereas others might have a lesser one. The rate of acceptance is greatly affected by factors such as the course’s popularity, its competitiveness, and the reputation of the school itself.
Here are some criteria (career prospect, core courses, related courses, schools, skills) to consider when making a decision on what to study. We limited the criteria to 4 each. You can use the course finder search form above to get the full list.
Marine Engineering Career Opportunities:
- Marine Engineer
- Naval Architect
- Ship Surveyor
- Shipbuilding Engineer
Marine Engineering Core courses:
- Marine Propulsion
- Naval Architecture
- Marine Electrical Systems
Marine Engineering Related courses:
- Marine Engineering Technology
- Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
- Ocean Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
Schools Offering Marine Engineering:
- Rivers State University
- Niger Delta University
- Akwa Ibom State University
- Federal University Of Petroleum Resources
Use the search form to search for:
- WAEC, NECO or GCE subjects combination for Marine Engineering
- JAMB subjects combination for Marine Engineering
- Compare or rank Marine Engineering with another course
- Schools offering Marine Engineering
- Marine Engineering careers
- Marine Engineering related courses.
- Marine Engineering core courses
- Marine Engineering acceptance rate
- Marine Engineering competitiveness
To compare Marine Engineering with other course. Use the format below For example– compare Marine Engineering with (French). You can change the french to any other course