Nautical Science Course Overview, Careers, Related, Schools
Course Description: Nautical Science: This program equips students with the knowledge and skills to safely navigate and operate ships. It includes navigation, maritime laws, ship operations, Meteorology, and safety at sea.. Depending on the institution, this course can be covered with different depths and focuses.
Nautical Science competitiveness is moderate. This means it is difficult to get into because there are a lot of students who want to take it and much more difficulty when there are limited number of spaces available. Alternatively, some school may give student admission in related courses.. Nevertheless, The admission rate for Nautical Science is typically around 20-30%, but it can differ between different institutions.
Some institutions have a higher acceptance rate, whereas others might have a lesser one. The rate of acceptance is greatly affected by factors such as the course’s popularity, its competitiveness, and the reputation of the school itself.
Here are some criteria (career prospect, core courses, related courses, schools, skills) to consider when making a decision on what to study. We limited the criteria to 4 each. You can use the course finder search form above to get the full list.
Nautical Science Career Opportunities:
- Marine Pilot, Maritime Inspector, Navigation Officer, Ship Captain, Marine Superintendent, Maritime Educator, Maritime Consultant, Fleet Manager, Port Manager, Vessel Traffic Service Operator, Harbour Master, Safety Officer (Maritime), Shipbroker, Naval Architect, Marine Surveyor
Nautical Science Core courses:
- Ship Operations
- Maritime Law
Nautical Science Related courses:
- Marine Engineering
- Maritime Transport And Business Studies
- Shipping And Technology
- Transport And Logistics Management
Schools Offering Nautical Science:
- Federal College of Fisheries and Marine Technology Lagos
- Maritime Academy of Nigeria
Use the search form to search for:
- WAEC, NECO or GCE subjects combination for Nautical Science
- JAMB subjects combination for Nautical Science
- Compare or rank Nautical Science with another course
- Schools offering Nautical Science
- Nautical Science careers
- Nautical Science related courses.
- Nautical Science core courses
- Nautical Science acceptance rate
- Nautical Science competitiveness
To compare Nautical Science with other course. Use the format below For example– compare Nautical Science with (French). You can change the french to any other course